Saturday, July 17, 2004

New Boston Review

The Summer 2004 issue of Boston Review is out and up. The New Democracy Forum includes a long essay on how the Democrats can win and keep winning, with a dozen responses. Alan Stone reviews Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" ("I sat dry-eyed, stunned, and with a growing sense of dread as I watched what was for me the most anti-Semitic film I had ever seen in my life"). The poetry offerings include a seven-part poem by Adrienne Rich and two "in the manner of" poems by David Lehman. Cal Bedient reviews new books by Jeff Clark, Matthea Harvey, Brian Henry, Andrew Joron, Sally Keith, DA Powell, and Larissa Szporluk; Andrew Zawacki reviews Peter Gizzi; and Larissa Szporluk reviews Lucie Brock-Broido. The micro-reviews section includes reviews of Joshua Corey, Lyn Hejinian, and Peter Jay Shippy, among others.

No comments: